The Barbless Hook: Inner Sanctum of Angling Revealed (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
The stories in The Barbless Hook are drawn from a lifetime of fishing experiences and explore a range of topics anglers often don't discuss - trespassing, giving up a secret hole, losing fish at the net, competition between buddies and taking turns when on guided trips. While sometimes exposing what might be considered the "dark side of angling," author Dennis Dauble manages to both entertain and inspire anglers. "Only by reflecting on good and bad behavior can we hope to become better anglers, better fishing buddies and better people," he says. A FEW LESSONS FROM THE BARBLESS HOOK...
- Never sleep next to a cat box.
- Your fishing buddy might forgive, but he will never forget.
- It's easier to rationalize getting skunked when fishing alone.
- Arguing with a blowhard makes you appear as a killjoy.
- It's hard to manage your feelings when getting the short end of the deal.
- One purpose of fishing is... to catch fish.