Watson on the Orient Express: A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mystery (Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mysteries #17) (Paperback)
(This book cannot be returned.)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 17 in the Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mysteries series.
- #3: Remember, Remember: A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mystery (Paperback): $16.99
- #4: The Crown Jewel Mystery: A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Story (Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $6.89
- #6: Death at the Diogenes Club: A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mystery (Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $18.00
- #7: The Return of the Ripper: A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mystery (Paperback): $18.00
- #8: Die Again, Mr. Holmes: A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mystery (Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $18.99
- #16: The Collected Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Short Stories: The Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mysteries Book 16 (Paperback): $17.99
A pernicious assassination plot. A devious decoy. And a transcontinental race against time to catch a killer . . .
London, 1898. Held captive by a diabolical criminal mastermind and his gang of thugs, Watson overhears an assassination plot that not only endangers the life of Sherlock Holmes, but threatens to ignite a war. If he has any hope of foiling his kidnappers' nefarious plans, he must escape, and quickly.
Eluding the familiar foe proves challenging, however. Watson is soon caught and awakens in jail, the prime suspect for two murders, dressed in the clothes of a missing man, one Lord Harwell. To save himself and prevent the assassination, Watson embarks on a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse that leads him on a harrowing journey to Constantinople aboard the famed Orient Express.
Meanwhile, Sherlock and Lucy have been called upon to discern the whereabouts of the missing Lord Harwell. The stakes become much higher when Holmes discovers the missing man has ties to an important diplomatic negotiation in Constantinople. Just as he is pulled deeper into the investigation, Holmes receives a distressing telegram from Watson himself. He and Lucy quickly board the next outgoing Orient Express in hopes of rescuing Watson and preventing a gruesome act that could very well lead the nation to war.
Success seems uncertain as the enemy looks to thwart their heroic efforts at every turn, and Watson, Holmes and Lucy become targets in an ever-more-sinister plan. Will three intrepid detectives stop the assassination and put its mastermind away for good? Or will it all be too little, too late?
A thrilling and fast-paced take on a classic Sherlock who-done-it, complete with unexpected twists and turns, international intrigue, and historical events and settings. Watson on the Orient Express stays faithful to the spirit of the beloved original series and features a new dynamic and new characters that will please die-hard fans and new readers alike.